This article will show how to Install VMware Tools on a Windows Server 2016 Install.
Windows Server 2016 was released on October 31st, 2016, Windows Server Core Is the default Installation option for Server 2016.
To Install Windows Server 2016, Manage and Configuration visit the Windows 2016 page.
The first step In this procedure Is to open the Virtual Machine console -> VM -> Guest -> Install VMware Tools
From the main screen type PowerShell
Check where the Vmware Tools are mounted on
Go to the Drive
Follow the steps and restart when completed
When done, Click Finish and restart the server using:
For VMware Managment using Powershell check the articles below:
- Part 1: Manage VMware With PowerShell
- Part 2: Connect To vCenter 6.0 Using PowerShell
- Part 3: Add VMware ESXi 6.0 Host To vCenter Using PowerShell
- Part 4: Add ESXi Host To vCenter Cluster Using PowerCLI
- 14 Things You Need To Know About VMware vSphere 6.5
2 responses to “Install VMware Tools Windows Server 2016 Core”
for me only ./setup.exe works (including ./), otherwise it fails with CommandNotFoundException
update: powershell requires ./ notation, the old windows cmd does not.