In this article, I’ll show you how I configure the new Sent Items Behaviour on Exchange Server 2016 which will copy a sent message to both delegator and owner mailbox.
The new change will copy the Sent Item to both mailboxes which Is a big change compared to the past that the item was by default copied to the delegator and If you changed the behavior it was copied to the owner only.
This change will be welcomed in places where Shared Mailboxes are used and will also work with Exchange Online.
In my example, Admin has Send as and on Behalf permissions to David’s mailbox, So when Admin sent an email on behalf of David, the sent email will appear on both mailboxes Sent Items.
To get started with the configuration, I’ll give Admin permissions to David’s mailbox
Set-Mailbox "David Hyper" -GrantSendOnBehalfTo "Admin"
Next, I’ll enable Sent Item behavior to copy the email to both users’ mailbox
Set-Mailbox "David Hyper" –MessageCopyForSendOnBehalfEnabled $true
More In the Series:
- Exchange Server 2016 Active Directory Requirements
- Exchange Server 2016 Mailbox and Folder Permissions
- Enable and Manage Email Archiving In Exchange Online
- Allow Meeting Room Calendar to Auto Accept Meeting Request From Exchange Online
- Exchange Server 2016 CU 6 Released
- Install Exchange Server 2016 CU 6 Step by Step