Today, Microsoft released the first Windows Server 2019 preview build 17623 to Windows Server Insiders as part of the Long-Term Servicing Channel program.
The new build comes with GUI Interface or Server Core Interface and available In 18 languages.
How To Download
To download the new build use the URL below.
The build comes In two formats ISO and VHDX with a download size of 4.8GB.
Also available In this build Is Project Honolulu 1803.
What’s new In Windows Server 2019
Performance history for Storage Spaces Direct – Data available via Project Honolulu
- Shielded virtual machines: Offline mode, Alternate HGS, VMConnect and Shielded Linux support
- Failover Cluster removing the use of NTLM authentication – Failover Clustering will use Kerberos and Certificate-based authentication
- Windows Defender ATP Exploit Guard – new host intrusion prevention capabilities
- Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection – Provide deep platform sensors, visibility to memory and kernel level attacker protection
- Extending your Clusters with Cluster Sets – New Clustering In the cloud technology
Long and Semi-Annual Channel
As Announced back In early 2017, Windows Server will be available in two release modules.
- Long-Term Servicing channel – This Is the current and most familiar module where a new operating system version is released every 2-3 years with 5 years support cycle.
Windows Server 2019 will be released as part of the Long-Term.
- Channel.Semi-Annual Channel – This new module will offer two new releases every year with new features and roles, support will be available for 18 months.