With the upcoming release of Windows Server Nano Server there are many things that you need to know and prepare yourself.I decided to gather a list of the most Important things you need to know.
Windows Server 2016 Nano Server Is a super light Windows Server operating System without Server GUI, Browser, Interface etc.
- Windows Nano Server Installation media comes with the full Installation ISO Image of Windows Server 2016 and It’s located under the NanoServer directory.
- The entire Installation Is 400MB.
- Restart time takes 5 seconds
- You can only manage Nano Server using remote management tools like Server Manager PowerShell , DISM, etc.
- Currently Nano Server can run the following rules Hyper-V, DNS, IIS, File Server and Server Clustering
- Nano Server comes with A Recovery Console that only allows you to change IP.
- To join Nano Server to a domain you need to using djoin.exe
- Nano Server has 93% lower VHD size, 92% fewer security updates and80% fewer reboots
Don’t forget to visit our main Nano Server page.