Microsoft Intune is an enterprise mobility management solution that helps IT administrators to securely manage devices, users and apps.
It’s the only EMM solution built on Azure Active Directory, which gives you a single sign-on experience across your devices. Intune helps you manage your company’s mobile device deployment by providing comprehensive mobile device security, app access control, data protection and more.
Microsoft Intune is a cloud-based service that helps you to manage the security of devices, users and apps. It provides an end-to-end solution for managing mobile devices, including Microsoft Windows 10 PCs, iOS and Android devices.
Intune lets you configure continuous deployment for company resources through integrated
What is Microsoft Intune
Microsoft Intune, formerly known as Acompli, is a mobile device management (MDM) solution built to let corporate IT manage devices and apps. It helps you with:
– Mobile Application Management: Intune gives you the ability to deploy and monitor iOS and Android applications on your devices. You can approve or reject app installs on behalf of your company’s security group(s) and also see which apps are used by your employees most often. With Intune, you don’t need to worry about setting up email profiles for an app such as Salesforce—everything just works.
– Security: Intune’s device compliance service protects against malware and unauthorized access to customer data with 100% encryption of your device. It also provides the ability to secure devices with multi-factor authentication or by requiring users to create complex passwords.
– Mobile device management: Intune lets you manage your corporate domain enrolled Windows 10 devices via Microsoft’s cloud service, Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) and allows you to configure all kinds of security features including password protection, app store restrictions and mobile application management.
– Accessibility: Intune’s built-in accessibility profiles allow you to configure customized settings for device access by individuals with disabilities, whether they are using their own devices or company-owned ones.
As if that wasn’t enough, Microsoft is integrating support for managing all of your iOS and Android mobile apps in Intune.
How does it work
The Microsoft Intune solution helps in providing an effective way for managing company’s mobile devices. It is a cloud-based service that provides integration between the device, the enterprise and the Microsoft Azure Active Directory. It includes features like device security, app access control, data protection and more. Some of the features specific to Intune are:
What does it include?
With Microsoft Intune, you can manage data protection for mobile devices through four simple steps. They are:
1. Preventing a lost or stolen device from accessing your company’s sensitive information by using password protection and encrypting with BitLocker.
2. Restricting access of data based on time periods so that your employees can only access the sensitive information of your company during working hours by using password protection and encrypting with BitLocker.
3. Remotely locking or deleting all the data from a lost device, if it is stolen or misplaced easily by remotely wiping your data.
4. Restricting access to data by third-party sources such as email, internet and messaging services to safeguard your company’s information from hackers or snoopers by using password protection and encrypting with BitLocker.
Features of Intune
Microsoft Intune is a service that helps businesses to simplify how they manage mobile devices, apps, and data. In this article we’ll be going over some features of Microsoft Intune.
Microsoft Intune is a mobile device management system that offers complete control over both personal and business devices. It provides a single point of administration for all your devices, regardless of their operating systems or manufacturer. The solution offers complete device security with the capability to install detection rules and restrictions as well as deliver updates to select devices from the cloud. Who can benefit from Microsoft Intune? Organizations who manage both personal and business devices can benefit from using Microsoft Intune as it simplifies company-wide mobile security policy enforcement.
Microsoft Intune is designed to provide mobile security features for enterprise customers including on-premises Active Directory. It offers device security capabilities like malware protection for data, application blacklisting and blocking of unauthorized apps, operating system version control, network settings management (such as Wi-Fi configuration), tokenization for storing credentials in the cloud (iOS only), and remote lock and wipe (security feature of Windows Phone). Who can benefit from Microsoft Intune? Organizations who need to secure data on mobile devices on-premises or in the cloud can benefit from using Microsoft Intune.
Microsoft Intune allows administrators create access control rules for apps, restricting which apps users are allowed to use. For example, if you want to block Facebook on a company issued device while allowing it on a user’s personal device, you can. You can also control which apps users can install and update using Microsoft Intune. Who can benefit from Microsoft Intune? All organizations who need the ability to control how employees use their devices with apps that are available through the Microsoft Store for Business can benefit from using Microsoft Intune.
Using the built-in features of Windows Phone 8, Microsoft Intune allows administrators to remotely lock down devices if they are lost or stolen. This enables data on the device to be protected even if it is wiped. Who can benefit from Microsoft Intune? Organizations who have devices running Windows Phone 8 and want to protect data in the event of device loss or theft can benefit from using Microsoft Intune.
Microsoft Intune supports tokenization for iOS devices (iPhone, iPad). Tokenization is a method that uses an algorithm to assign a unique number to each user. Apps use this number to store information such as usernames.
Why should I use Intune?
There are many reasons why you should use Microsoft Intune, such as:
Mobile devices and apps represent a tremendous opportunity for businesses to engage and interact with customers in real-time. Mobile devices and apps can drive new revenue and provide an exceptional customer experience. For these types of opportunities to be realized, mobility requires a modern cloud-based enterprise mobility management (EMM) solution that is easy to manage and provides comprehensive mobile device security, app access control, data protection and more.
As an administrator, it’s important to know the specific features that Intune provides such as automatic protection against malware, operating system version control, or remote lock and wipe features when your device goes missing. With the ability to remotely lock down your Windows Phone 8 device, Intune ensures data on the device is protected even if it’s wiped.
Microsoft Intune is a cloud-based enterprise mobility management (EMM) solution that helps you to securely manage devices, users and apps. It’s the only EMM solution built on Azure Active Directory (Azure AD), which gives you a single sign-on experience across your devices. Intune helps you manage your company’s mobile device deployment by providing comprehensive mobile device security, app access control, data protection and more.
There are many reasons why you should use Microsoft Intune, such as Mobile devices represent an opportunity for businesses to engage with customers in real-time; Mobility requires a modern cloud-based enterprise mobility management strategy that provides comprehensive mobile device security, app access control, data protection and more; As an administrator, it’s important to know the specific features that Intune provides such as automatic protection against malware, operating system version control, or remote lock and wipe when your device goes missing; Microsoft Intune is a powerful EMM solution that helps to protect your company data.